We also process Personal Information on behalf of our customers, such as content generated, requested or published via third-party apps in accordance with the instructions our customers give us through the Services (including, for example, the information our customers monitor or collect from social media sites like Twitter and Instagram through the Services) (“Customer Content”). Our customers control how their Customer Content is collected and used by them.
When you register for a Tab account, and when you use the Services, we collect some Personal Information about you (“Collected Data”) such as:
Tab also automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies.
Tab uses Collected Data for the following general purposes:
We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services.
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Sip Sip LLC;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
Our Services are not directed to or intended to be used by persons under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or Application or on or through any of its features/register on the Website or Application, make any purchases through the Website or Application, use any of the interactive or public comment features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use on the Website or Application. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, uses, alteration and disclosure.
Certain Personal information, most notably Tab log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. Once set in the system, we keep them as a hash value, so original representation is calculated dynamically whenever you log-in. In addition, Tab uses Third-Party vendors and hosting partners such as Amazon to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security, including ISO and SSAE16 certifications.
You should bear in mind that the submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. You’re responsible for the connection that you’re using, don’t connect to unknown host-pots that you don't trust and that could potentially collect your data. We cannot guarantee the security of information that you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Tab by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Tab for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law.
You should be aware that Tab acts as a conduit between our users and the various supported platforms and third-party apps. In several instances, the content published via Tab will not be in Tab’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any supported platforms and third-party apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is not under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the third-party apps.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write, call or send an email to the below contact information.
Sip Sip LLC
c/o Tab Legal Services
885 6th avenue
New York, NY 10001